all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
@ 2018-11-16  0:37 Reed Campbell Meyerson
From: Reed Campbell Meyerson @ 2018-11-16  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 33404

Hello,

I am experiencing some strange behavior when upgrading packages. After a
substitution fails, the upgrade will fail at the same point every time
until I upgrade that point on its own, and then it will proceed until it
potentially fails at a different point.

I have attached a screenshot of the output. This was while trying to
upgrade qutebrowser, but it happened before when upgrading GHC.

Best,
Reed

[-- Attachment #2: 2018-11-15-163434_1366x768_scrot.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 273467 bytes --]

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
@ 2018-11-16 21:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-11-16 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reed Campbell Meyerson; +Cc: 33404

Hello,

Reed Campbell Meyerson <reedmeye@uw.edu> skribis:

> I am experiencing some strange behavior when upgrading packages. After a
> substitution fails, the upgrade will fail at the same point every time
> until I upgrade that point on its own, and then it will proceed until it
> potentially fails at a different point.
>
> I have attached a screenshot of the output. This was while trying to
> upgrade qutebrowser, but it happened before when upgrading GHC.

Which substitute server(s) are you using?

It could be that the substitute Guix was trying to fetch was temporarily
unavailable from the server and eventually came back—hydra.gnu.org has
been under maintenance a week ago as you might have seen.

Thanks for reporting the issue,
Ludo’.

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
@ 2018-11-17 23:53   ` Reed Campbell Meyerson
From: Reed Campbell Meyerson @ 2018-11-17 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo

I'm not quite sure how to check, but I don't think I added anything that
wasn't default.

@ 2020-12-18 23:47 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-12-18 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reed Campbell Meyerson; +Cc: 33404

Hi,

Thank you for the report of the bug33404.

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/33404>

It appears it was a transient issue.  And since it is old (~2years),
then I am in favor to close it if no moreinfo is provided.

All the best,
simon

* bug#33404: failure behavior for "guix package --upgrade"
@ 2021-01-11 15:31   ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-01-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reed Campbell Meyerson; +Cc: 33404-done

Hi,

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 00:47, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears it was a transient issue.  And since it is old (~2years),
> then I am in favor to close it if no moreinfo is provided.

After the usual 3 weeks, since it requires moreinfo and seems transient,
I am closing.  Feel free to reopen if I am missing something.

All the best,
simon