Dick Middleton writes: > Hello, > > Just started playing with Guix and am trying to get ssh to start as a service. > > My system is configured using the standard desktop example config.scm given > with the installation. > > I'm trying to add the relevant bits from the simple example in reference guide > "7.2.1 Using the Configuration System". > > i.e I've added: > > (use-service-modules networking ssh) > ... > (services (cons* (lsh-service) %base-services)) > > guix reconfigure complains with this error: ssh-daemon requires 'networking' > which is undefined. > > Do I have to install something (why is it not already installed?) or am I > doing something wrong? > > Thanks > > Dick This sounds similar to issues I ran into with a headless server running GuixSD a month or so ago (have since switched to Guix/Debian). I ended up with lsh-service providing sshd (the ssh server) and openssh providing ssh (the ssh client). The config is split with sshd in the system config and ssh in the per-user config. There may be a more sane approach, but this did work and, FWIW, I have attached the actual configs. HTH, - George