Leo Famulari writes: > On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:10:35AM -0400, Thompson, David wrote: >> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:57 AM, myglc2 wrote: >> > I have a headless server running Guix/Debian 8.3 on which I would like >> > to run some guix vms. So far, I have a script (see mkvm.sh, attached) >> > that runs a single vm. It has some issues: >> > >> > 1) lsh-service hangs waiting for keystrokes on the QEMU console >> >> LSH needs to be initialized with a key on first boot, which is why you >> need to type to create entropy. This sucks for automation, so I would >> recommend OpenSSH instead, but we don't have an openssh-service yet. > > In your operating system configuration, you can pass 'initialize? #f' to > lsh-service to skip the SSH seed and host-key initialization. You will > need to initialize the LSH service later, before you can use it. I tried that and ... lsh spun looking for a seed file advising me to run 'lsh-make-seed', and then stopped. 'lsh-make-seed' was not available. Maybe this is a bug? What I saw on the VM: ### lsh spins and stops showing [...] Respawning ssh-daemon. Service SSH-daemeon has started. No seed file. Please create on by running lwh-make-seed -o "/var/spool/lsh/yarrow-seed-file". lshd: No rendomness generator available. Service ssh-daemon has been disabled. (Respawning too fast.) ### lsh-make-seed seems to be missing v1 login: root root@v1 ~# lsh-make-seed -bash: lsh-make-seed: command not found guix version: Note: running from git checkout File: ‘/home/g1/.config/guix/latest’ -> ‘../../dev/guix’ * master 242ad41 download: Use basic authentication when userinfo is present in URI. test script: attached below