Arun Isaac schreef op vr 01-04-2022 om 13:10 [+0530]: > wfmash's speed is one of the critical features it brings to the > table. We might have rendered the package more or less unusable by > disabling CPU optimizations. > > I could try talking to upstream about detecting and using CPU features > at runtime. But, I don't know too much about the topic. Any quick links > I can share with them? For the concept, maybe , which is about combining high performance with reproducibility using the (Guix-specific) --tune package transformation.  To implement run- time detection, the following could be useful: * Guix article: * LWN article: . Greetings, Maxime.