On Sat, 2021-03-06 at 11:13 +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > > I obviously cannot tell what is worth of your time. What do you mean? > However, sorting inputs alphabetically has some value. For example, > it > makes it easier to add more inputs later, as it becomes less tedious > to > check for duplicates. Agreed but seeing all that has to be done in GNU Guix.. we can massively sort *-inputs another time can't we? Or if there's an automated pre-commit hook or Emacs "guix-packageer-mode" someone can make, I'll happily install it. > What about a basic M-x sort-lines ? Note that you need to be cautious > about the first and last inputs, as opening and closing parens should > be > sent to another line there. That's what I was using and yes first and last lines makes it quite annoying. > If you don't want to special-casing first and last inputs, there's > the > more "advanced" > > M-x sort-regexp-fields RET (".+?".*?) RET \& RET > > while selecting the full input field (with C-M-SPC). Thank you that's really great, will use! Léo