./pre-inst-env guix lint -c cve python-urllib3@1.26.2 Here this should return at least CVE-2021-28363 but it does not because the CVE database contains urllib3 and not python-urllib3 (which AFAICT the cve linter searches for). Annotating each and every python-, go-, and rust- package with cpe-name properties is going to be very annoying. I suggest we add some heuristics that try both the full name and prefix-trimmed name. python- urllib3's cpe name and vendor is python (vendor) urllib3 (name). Same story for CVE-2021-28305 and rust-diesel, though it doesnt even have a CPE entry yet.