On 24-07-2022 12:31, ( via Guix-patches via wrote: > On Sat Jul 23, 2022 at 11:14 PM BST, Joeke de Graaf wrote: >> It seems that in the package's current state, it does not like being run >> in a pure environment, it simply crashes. >> The application seems to expect GTK icons to be in a certain place and >> it's not finding them. >> It's not immediately obvious to me what the solution for this is, but I >> gather from your previous e-mail that this is a known and fixable >> problem. > You should be able to fix this by adding the hicolor-icon-theme package > to native-inputs. > > -- ( This doesn't seem correct to me -- if it is a runtime thing (otherwise, how could it stop the crashes), it needs to be _inputs_, not _native-inputs_, for cross-compilation reasons. If you go for native-inputs anyways, check the references and make sure the icons don't end up in them.  Also, a comment on why this seemingly unneeded package is added would be in order (the package builds without, so some future reader could easily just remove the input for being unneeded). Greetings, Maxime.