Le 06/10/2022 à 12:30, zimoun a écrit : > On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 at 12:10, Matthieu Haefele wrote: > > >> 1. What am I doing wrong to have stuck to this old guix daemon all this time ? Shall I run this `sudo -i guix pull` regularly to >> keep my daemon up to date ? But then it looks like I am the only one who faced this issue, weird, no ? And problems should have >> started back in February, but I intensively worked on guix this summer, including some `guix pull`... If reasons are not too >> complicated, I am interested in getting some insights. > > Personally, I run "guix pull" as root (update the daemon) each every > while. ;-) Usually, at each new release and/or when I read (guix pull > --news; as regular user) something important. Thanks for the explaination, it confirms what I understood. Maybe the three lines above should be part of some best practise or documentation, especially for people like me running guix on a foreign distro without using the distro's package manager. I do not remember having seen such recommendation. Thanks again Best, Mat