У пт, 2024-01-05 у 19:41 -0800, Ian Eure пише: > ... After the Guix install, > the laptop doesn’t boot -- the firmware shows a boot device > selection menu, rather than bootint into Guix. ... Sometimes, the installer makes a BIOS-compatible installation which fails to run from UEFI. The fix might be as simple as choosing a different USB boot option before running the installer. I typically have two boot options before running the installer from the USB: one is for UEFI, while the other is for BIOS. When the firmware supports both options, they are available, and the BIOS installer is usually the default. Another approach is to tweak your firmware settings to disable CMS (Compatibility Support Mode) and other compatibility features so that only the UEFI installer is available and try re-installing Guix to ensure it installs UEFI. Please note that I am neither a developer nor administrator, but just a user who shares experience as I understand it. > Secure boot is disabled in the BIOS. You might want to try enabling it and see if any other options become available in the firmware settings. For example, if I reset my laptop firmware, all boot options are usually gone. I need to enable secure boot and choose "Select a UEFI file as trusted", which becomes available only with secure boot enabled. I can add a path to a ".efi" file there. I hope you solve it soon! Roman