On 01-09-2022 11:09, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >> I guess this is expected, since a change in a build system might affect >> all packages being built with it. But I was wondering if there is a way >> to force only building the packages specified on the command line. Does >> such a thing exists? > No, it doesn’t exist, because that would be building something > different. In this case, building everything that depends on > ‘ant-build-system.scm’ is unavoidable. > >> I was wondering what is the most efficient way to quickly iterate on >> changes to a build system, without recompiling the whole world for that >> build system. How would you do that? > There’s no ideal solution as you’ll have to recompile the world anyway. It is possible, actually, to test it for a single package first (although without interaction with the command line). In the package you would like to test things with, use '=>' in #:imported-modules: ((this module)  ((that module) => (local-file "customised-that-module.scm"))) and keep the original that/module.scm unmodified. At least, something like that is done in 'build-program' in build-aux/build-self.scm -- I haven't tried it out for something like this myself. Greetings, Maxime