Roman Scherer schreef op zo 27-03-2022 om 19:55 [+0200]: > I think my preference would be to go without generating the consts.c > file, the patch works, it uses the same file the maintainer of the > packages is using, and I believe it is less brittle. :) I don't expect any practical problems but technically it isn't source code, and rather a binary (or, as GPL words it, ‘object code’), at least according to the GPL's definition: The "source code" for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. "Object code" means any non-source form of a work. , and Guix builds things from source. I don't think constants.c is in preferred form, rather it seems to be sqlite.h Maybe it's not much of a problem here though, I donk't know. I don't see the relevancy of what files the maintainer is using. What does maintainerhood have to do with anything? Greetings, Maxime.