Ludo', On 07/05/17 17:37, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > WDYT of making it: > (define* (package-full-name package #:optional (separator "@")) > …) > ? > (I think I suggested it somewhere, but maybe not. :-)) You did! I simply forgot to address it explicitly (‘I'm sticking...’). > That would make the adjustments to places that need a hyphen slightly > shorter. I considered it back when, but decided not to because it just felt... wrong. That's it. My intuitive, rambling reasoning: - All of the patched ex-callers are manually constructing some raw file or directory name. It includes the package's name and version in some way, but not really Guix's abstract concept of a ‘package-full-name’ atom. It just happened to be the same string. - Making ‘separator’ configurable turns ‘package-full-name’ into ‘package-name-version-join’. If one cares about the separator, one also cares about the components, at which point one should just call string-join explicitly. Doing so isn't ugly, and is more clear. Does that make any sense? In the end, I care more about users' ability to finally copy & paste without confusing warnings than my perso'pinions on function naming. This bug has been open for long enough. > Thanks, and good luck with your new $DAYJOB! Thanks! It doesn't involve computers, so it won't last. Kind regards, T G-R