On August 24, 2020 2:25:16 PM GMT+10:00, Arun Isaac wrote: > >>> +The package is derived from not the true source but the built >version of >>> +MathJax 3 for distribution by upstream. This package should >eventually be >>> +replaced my a package built directly from the source at >>> +https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax-src.") >> >> I'm not really familiar with the state of JavaScript in Guix. >However, >> Guix generally only includes packages built from source. > >If I understand correctly, we already have a mathjax package built from >source. See js-mathjax. Mathjax 3 is a complete rewrite of mathjax 2. I had thought js-mathjax was just the component files too and not truely built from source. Maybe I was wrong. Currently, building this from the true source requires a huge number of js packages and we haven't got a npm importer and full JavaScript bootstrap yet so I wasn't sure what to do. If you like we can ignore this and I can modify calibre to disable mathjax for now since I don't think it works with the old mathjax 2. I would like to work on getting more JavaScript in to guix properly