On 26-08-2022 19:32, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote: > It gives me this error: configure: error: C++ compiler 'g++' does not > support the C++11 standard > > I have to run `guix shell -D guixgcc-toolchain@12.1.0 --pure` to get > ./configure to work. > > Since `guix shell -D` includes the development packages for Guix, > maybe the package needs updating? Maybe ./configure somehow picks up an old g++ from outside the "guix shell" environment. To avoid this, you can do `guix shell --pure -D guix'. Don't forget to add --localstatedir=/var to ./configure, especially if you hack on the daemon -- otherwise if you start the modified daemon from your git checkout, the state will go out of sync. Greetings, Maxime