vapnik spaknik schreef op vr 25-02-2022 om 15:16 [+0000]: > I've noticed that whenever I install a new package guix symlinks > the ld.so.cache file in that package to the etc subdir of my > guix profile directory (on a foreign distro). I was a bit suspicious > when I first noticed this, but then I discovered that it does this > for every new package. Why? See . Also, unless there's a bug, guix does not replace the etc/ld.so.cache in the store item of the installed package by a symlink -- store items can (normally) not be modified after the fact. However, ~/.guix-profile/etc/ld.so.cache _is_ a symlink to some ld.so.cache of some arbitrary package in the profile. This seems harmles to me, though pointless, perhaps the profile building code should be modified to ignore etc/ld.so.cache? Greetings, Maxime.