Would be fantastic if you could report build time for camlboot too :). The result should be almost identical to our current ocaml-4.07, though there are some due to different output directory being embedded. Le 28 février 2021 04:19:09 GMT-05:00, pukkamustard a écrit : > >Fantastic! Thank you and thanks to the camlboot project! I will >try and >build this tonight. > >Julien Lepiller writes: > >> Hi Guix! >> >> This small series adds camlboot, a project to reimplement a >> bootstrap >> for OCaml, which lets us remove the pre-built boot/ocaml{c,lex} >> :) >> >> The first patch builds the bootstraped ocamlc and ocamllex. This >> takes >> around 4 hours to build. The second patch rebuilds them using >> the source >> code for ocaml 4.07.1, instead of the modified sources used in >> camlboot, and reuse them to run the main Makefile (make >> world.opt). >> >> As a result, we have identical files for this bootstrap and the >> unbootstrapped OCaml (up to output store paths and hash of some >> files >> that get embedded in native files, which differ because of the >> different output path).