On Sat, 2021-03-27 at 11:06 +0000, raid5atemyhomework wrote: > Hello Maxime, > > > > > Note in particular that Bitcoin Core supports `ControlPort` and not `ControlSocket`, so > > > this is needed for Bitcoin Core support. From what I can see more daemons support > > > `ControlPort` than `ControlSocket`. > > > > Ok, but take a look at > > https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/wikis/doc/bitcoin. > > Maybe its out of date though: https://blog.torproject.org/tor-heart-cryptocurrencies > > The issue is already known, and is mitigated by use of e.g. JoinMarket and Wasabi Wallet, when used with proper care to disentangle public coin addresses from your own spending. > [...] Ok. > but rather as a replacement for my lack of a public IP address --- instead of > using a public IP address (which my ISP is much too stupid to provide to me unless I get a > ***much*** higher tier of paid support) I use a Tor hidden service to allow other users to > connect to my node. Makes sense. I know that use case, though myself I have a public IP address at no additional cost (at least if I disable the firewall or poke holes through it). Probably not a static IP though. The revised patch looks good to me, but I'm no committer. Greetings, Maxime.