Hi Leo! > I didn't notice this before, but is there a reason to package this > version over 1.3.1? Yeah, there are quite a lot of improvements after the 1.3.1 release. > Please stop trying to use this as a snippet to mean "the root of the > source and build directory". It is extremely obscure and people are > already using "../source" just fine. (Just do an rgrep if you aren't > convinced.) Fixed in v8. >> Hmm. I tried but couldn't come up with a way to do it like that. :( > You can still try harder for v8 ;) I tried different ways but the arguments key-words between gnu and copy differ a lot. I am unable use key-words from both build systems at the same time. Like using #:configure-flags (from gnu) and #:install (from copy). Also, I spent significant amount time to come up the phase I have. So if there are no critical issues, I would like to keep it as-is. :-) >> The script may only be used on foreign-distro for now. For guix >> system, >> we need to define a service for it. >> >> Also, running telegram-cli doesn't require daemon, but vice-versa. >> The >> daemon is intended to be a complimentary feature to run telegram-cli >> on >> headless server. > In that case, does the daemon script have any value of its own? Given > that the latest release of telegram-cli is about six years old, I doubt > there is – foreign distros should already have it in their repos and > Guix as a package manager makes no claim to manage system stuff like > services on foreign distros. > >> The file is a run-time script. > That means literally nothing. The wrap phase exists for a reason, some > programs and script are even wrapped twice. > >> Using (getenv "PATH") will instead use the value of PATH inside the >> build environment. > So you'll inadvertently have some native-inputs in it, is what you're > trying to say? Of course, there are better ways of wrapping PATH, but > in this case wouldn't it be wise to limit it to just the expected > paths? Again, assuming that there is even merit in shipping this file, > which is yet to be proven. I don't know what I was thinking. XD. It is pretty useless to ship. I removed it in v8. Regards, RG.