On 13.08.2018 21:53, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > Something else you can do it make one package inherit from the other. This way > you don't need to declare the source globally. > That would also work but I think making it a single package is probably the best way of handling the package. The server part consists of a single executable after building. In my local guix build it takes ~100k disk size so "inlining" it into the emacs package (maybe in a separate output) seems to be the best option in my opinion.