Am 16.09.2016 um 16:49 schrieb ng0: > They are not separated > like for example Debian does it with their -dev version packages. > For the exact reasons someone else has to explain. I guess it's > something about grafting, reproducibility, source provision etc. This is what the docs say about this; Sometimes it is more appropriate to separate the various types of files produced from a single source package into separate outputs. For instance, the GLib C library (used by GTK+ and related packages) installs more than 20 MiB of reference documentation as HTML pages. To *save space* for users who do not need it, the documentation goes to a separate output, called @code{doc}. [...] Some packages install programs with different ``dependency footprints''. […] This allows users who do not need the GUIs to *save space*. […] For me this sound more like a bug. But maybe someone can explain this. -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |