See the attached file for reference. Put it into a guix checkout under nonfree/packages/ Does that help as a starting point? Regards, Flo On 06/22/2016 12:50 PM, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote: > > > On 22.06.2016 01:21, christoph vogelsberg wrote: >> Hello >> >> I have a fresh installation of GuixSD and I'm keen of learning more. I >> struggle with a concept and don't know how to circumvent best: >> >> Binaries built for ordinary Linux's (as, in my case, Firefox Developer >> Edition) expect libraries on certain standard pathes which doesn't >> exist on GuixSD. I found three possibilities that might work: >> >> * use fakechroot to make my user profile a pseudo root (disadvantage: >> I have no experience, it seams there is no package for that) >> * create symbolic links (disadvantage: new builts get a new path with >> a hash value and must be re-linked properly) >> * install a minimal Linux and use Guix instead of GuixSD >> (disadvantage: this would the point where I had capitulated) >> >> My question: is there an already elabored way, documentation and so >> on, for this specific problem? > > There's a tool that you can use to hack library paths in ELF binaries. I > once packaged the binary releases of firefox and thunderbird using that > way, but I took the repos containing the package definitions offline due > to licensing issues. You could use those as a starting point. If you > wish I can dig out my local copies of the repos once I get home.. > > Regards, > Flo > -- https://fps.io