On 25/05/16 11:29, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Christopher Baines writes: >> The second issue was getting the data to the store, as first I tried a >> relative path, but that did not work, and ended up having to expose the >> repository using a HTTP server, and access it over the loopback >> interface. This again is rather prohibitive to local development. To >> improve on this, could guix build do the insertion in to the store, such >> that relative paths would work? This would allow just writing a >> "guix.scm" file, which just uses (git-reference (url "./") (commit "HEAD")). > > Maybe I’m misunderstanding the problem, but do you know that you can use > “file://” URIs? I’m doing this for local copies of tarballs that I > don’t plan to distribute. I did try this, but it did not work. davexunit on IRC said that this was due to the isolation in the build process. I was trying to reference /tmp, where did you place the repository to make this work?