Hello everyone This is a follow up to better explain what the problem is with the sans-libc cross gcc in the (gnu packages cross-base) module. In the latest master if you try to build gcc-cross-sans-libc with: ./pre-inst-env guix build -e '((@@(gnu packages cross-base) cross-gcc) "i686-linux-gnu")' -c8 gcc modules libitm, libvtv and libsanitizer fail to build with "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables". This happens because there is no libc present at that point and the problem was introduced with commit ca7ef4d41854218c which enabled c++. At that stage no linking can happen so the best solution is to just disable the modules. It does not affect anything after that. I am attaching the build.log so anybody can see for himself. :-) If okay I will push the patch to master. Manolis