On 04/01/16 11:17, Ben Woodcroft wrote: > On 04/01/16 10:59, Thompson, David wrote: >> On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >>> Hi! >>> >>> I would like to declare ‘core-updates’ frozen in 1 or 2 days so we can >>> have Hydra build it all and merge it afterwards. >>> >>> Thoughts? >>> >>> If there’s a big update you’d like to make (Python anyone?), now is >>> the time! >> I don't have the time to do it, but if anyone would like to bump Ruby >> to 2.3.0 and keep the 2.2.4 version hanging around in another variable >> like the other old versions, that would be cool. :) > I'm on it, draft patch done, rebuilding dependencies now. I had some trouble downloading dependencies because of inability to download sources e.g. http://graphviz.org/ seems to be down. Ruby seems to build though, can we just review as normal and then push to core-updates? I did rebuild all the packages in ruby.scm, and out of these about 1/3 of packages failed to build, because at least these three packages' tests fail * yard * power_assert * minitest_tu_shim The first two presumably will be fixed upstream soon, but the third hasn't seen a release since Aug 2013, and the homepage listed on rubygems is dead. I guess we just have to encourage the only package we have packaged that uses tu_shim (term-ansicolor) to stop relying on it. Thanks, ben