On 21/06/15 03:17, Mark H Weaver wrote: > Hi Ben, > > Instead of using 'trivial-build-system' for this, it would be better to > use 'gnu-build-system' and remove/replace the phases that aren't > appropriate. So, you'll probably want to remove the 'configure' phase > and replace the 'build' and 'install' phases. > > Even so, there are many important phases and implicit inputs in > 'gnu-build-system', notably setting the environment variables before the > build, and checking for missing rpaths in the installed binaries. > > As you have it now, since you used bare 'binutils' and not our > 'ld-wrapper' package, and you didn't add explicit rpaths options to the > linker, I guess that the produced executable won't be able to find the > specific shared libraries it was linked against without more help. I'm sure you are right, though I tried a few things and cannot get it to fail. Is there a way to ensure there is nothing amiss? Updated patch attached. In answer to my own question > During development of this patch I noticed badly specified system* does not throw an error - is there a way to do this so? One way is to replace system* with (zero? (system* with that being the return value of the lambda - there's an example in the attached patch.