ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote: > Agreed. But note that RMS asked me to not insist on calling the OS > “the GNU system”, at least for now (AIUI, his main concern is that > GNU = GNU/Hurd, which is not currently supported.) I wonder if RMS has a good argument to justify his insistence in the truthfulness of the equation 'GNU = GNU/Hurd' beyond the well-known historical and technical ones. From a strategical perspective, I fail to see why the distinction between GNU/Linux-libre and GNU/Hurd could be of any relevance. IMHO, calling both simply "GNU" would help in the promotion of the GNU project and its ideals. That would not cause confusion, because GNU would be defined as an operating system of multiple kernels, and technical-inclined people would always know how to tell the difference when needed or appropriate. -- ,= ,-_-. =. Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF] ((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU; `-'(. .)`-' GNU Linux-Libre is one of its official kernels; \_/ All software must be free as in freedom;