On 03/11/2014 12:19 AM, Pierre-Antoine Rault wrote: >> The initial discussion [0] left open the question of where >> binaries themselves should be stored. A possibility would be to >> use GNUnet’s DHT simply as a discovery mechanism, and then to >> establish a connection directly to the user’s machine, which would >> run, say, an HTTP server. > > That's what I had in mind. Now, considered the post [2] by Christian > Grothoff, we might consider using either an HTTP server for > performance or GNUnet's MESH for anonymity (and security). We should > balance needs and ease of implementation. Just to clarify here, I never said MESH would give you anonymity. I only said it should give you better NAT traversal and better authenticity and confidentiality than TLS/HTTPS (largely because you avoid the CA mess). Good anonymity will require more than MESH, and for Guix I am not sure that having anonymity is necessary (it might of course be fine to have that as an option in the future).