On 06-08-2022 15:08, Olivier Dion via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. wrote: > Hi, > > Following this article, GitLab is > planning to start deleting project that were idle for > 12 months. > > Many packages origin in Guix use an url to a GitLab project. What are > the consequence of such deletion on Guix reproducibility? Will it > affects the time-machine? software heritage should avoid some problems, but from what I've heard it doesn't support all edge cases yet (something about recursive checkouts?). I think it would be a good idea to make some Guile script to find all GitLab git checkouts in Guix and run the swh linter on them to make sure they are archived. Additionally, it would be nice to support multiple URLs as fallbacks in the 'origin' record for git-fetch (like we have for url-fetch) to avoid the three points of failures (SWH and the copy at the substitute servers) in the fallback mechanism. Greetings, Maxime.