all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Proper syntax for plain-file with sudoers-file
@ 2015-06-21  9:36 白い熊@相撲道
From: 白い熊@相撲道 @ 2015-06-21  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: GuixSD

I've been using
(sudoers "xxx...")
in my config.scm file a long time.

Now, for some time it's been warning me that using a string for file “sudoers” is deprecated and to use “plain-file”.

So I've tried
(sudoers-file (plain-file "/etc/sudoers" "xxx..."))
but I'm told: “invalid character `/' in name `/etc/sudoers'”

What's the proper syntax?
白い熊@相撲道

* Re: Proper syntax for plain-file with sudoers-file
@ 2015-06-21 13:30 ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2015-06-21 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 白い熊@相撲道; +Cc: GuixSD

白い熊@相撲道 (2015-06-21 12:36 +0300) wrote:

> I've been using
> (sudoers "xxx...")
> in my config.scm file a long time.
>
> Now, for some time it's been warning me that using a string for file
> “sudoers” is deprecated and to use “plain-file”.
>
> So I've tried
> (sudoers-file (plain-file "/etc/sudoers" "xxx..."))
> but I'm told: “invalid character `/' in name `/etc/sudoers'”
>
> What's the proper syntax?

Hi, I use the following:

   (sudoers-file (local-file "/path/to/my/sudoers"))

As for the 'plain-file', IIUC it may be used like this (not tested):

   (sudoers-file (plain-file "sudoers" "<the contents of sudoers>"))

i.e., don't use "/etc/sudoers", just "sudoers" – with that
"/gnu/store/…-sudoers" file with the specified contents will be created.
But again, I've never used 'plain-file' so I'm not absolutely sure.

--
Alex