Hi, Over the last week I tried to fetch substitutes with no success from hydra.gnu.org. It always showed the error "server is unresponsive". However, the nar packages get downloaded with wget. So, I removed the timeout with the attached patch and the substitute downloads are working again. This time I observed that the speed at which the substitute-binary.scm downloads the nar file is far low than when the same file is downloaded through wget. I haven't done extensive testing on this to confirm firmly, but it looks like the http-fetch implementation is not efficient. Can anyone confirm this? - Sree