all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#52080: Non-standard terminology in NEWS (Minetest mods instead of Minetest extensions)
@ 2021-11-24 15:55 Maxime Devos
From: Maxime Devos @ 2021-11-24 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 52080

Recently, while looking at commits on git.savannah.gnu.org,
I noticed the following line was added to NEWS:

* Changes in 1.4.0 [...]
[...]
*** New ‘guix import minetest’ command, to import Minetest extensions

However, Minetesters call these mods, and almost never extensions.
See, e.g., the Minetest wiki: https://wiki.minetest.net/Mods,
the Minetest forum: https://forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=46,
ContentDB:
https://content.minetest.net/packages/loosewheel/lwcolorable/ (search
for ‘Type’).

That said, I did find one web page were ‘extension’ is used instead of
‘mod’, at https://wiki.minetest.net/MinetestEDU. Also, ContentDB also
supports ‘texture packs’ and ‘games’, but those aren't supported by the
importer yet.

I suggest replacing ‘extensions’ by ‘mods’.

Greetings,
Maxime
--
not hacking on guix for a while, only occassionally looking at IRC logs
and bug reports.  E-mails are unsigned until backup is located.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-24 15:56 UTC | newest]