Remco van 't Veer schreef op zo 20-03-2022 om 13:57 [+0100]: > > What is an ‘arbitrary identify string’ here?  What does ‘cpe’ mean? > > How can I know if I need to set this, and how do I know what to set > > it > > to? > > I think it stands for "Common Platform Enumerator" but I am not > really sure.  It's used by DNS providers to identify the client so > they know for what account they are resolving.  Looking at the > dnsmasq code base this option used to be called "dns-client-id" which > is a lot clearer.  I could change it to this older name and describe > it as above.  WDYT? I'm not familiar enough with DNS to tell which name would be better. In any case, it seems like you have some material for a description here. Additionally, you could add a cross-reference to the relevant RFC+section number, if you can locate it. Greetings, Maxime.