all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-05-28  8:34 Amirouche
From: Amirouche @ 2017-05-28  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Héllo

I am willing to pay 100€ or offer equivalent work for someone that will
package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren.

guile-wiredtiger [1] is a binding of wiredtiger for guile using ffi.
It doesn't have autotools, I'd rather keep it that way. The guix package
must run the test suite as per guix standard. wiredtiger is already
packaged.

[1] https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/guile-wiredtiger

microkanren is a micro version of minikanren. That is a single file project
that should be straightforward to package. Same I'd rather not have to deal
with autotools. microkanren doesn't have any dependency outside guile 2.2.

[2] https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/microkanren

Payment will happen upon the patches are accepted in guix.

Please do not work on packaging this stuff before contacting me to agree on
a payment method.

I am amz3 on IRC.

Thanks in adavance,

Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://hyperdev.fr

* Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-06-01 11:40 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-06-01 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Amirouche! :)

What is the status of this?

- Was there any previous attempt?

  - What are the findings so far?

- Does it need a system service to be running?

- Since your last message, is there someone working on this now?

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com

* Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-06-01 13:18   ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-06-01 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adonay Felipe Nogueira; +Cc: help-guix

Adonay Felipe Nogueira transcribed 0.8K bytes:
> Hi Amirouche! :)
>
> What is the status of this?
>
> - Was there any previous attempt?
>
>   - What are the findings so far?
>
> - Does it need a system service to be running?
>
> - Since your last message, is there someone working on this now?

Yes, I am. Or rather, I am waiting for the weekend when Amirouche
is about to look into the trade I offered.

> --
> - [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
> - Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
>   gratis).
> - "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre, por isso não uso. Iguais a ele prefiro
>   GNU Ring, ou Tox. Quer outras formas de contato? Adicione o vCard
>   que está no endereço acima aos teus contatos.
> - Pretende me enviar arquivos .doc, .ppt, .cdr, ou .mp3? OK, eu
>   aceito, mas não repasso. Entrego apenas em formatos favoráveis ao
>   /software/ livre. Favor entrar em contato em caso de dúvida.

--
ng0
OpenPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-06-01 13:21 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2017-06-01 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amirouche; +Cc: help-guix

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 10:34:48AM +0200, Amirouche wrote:
> guile-wiredtiger [1] is a binding of wiredtiger for guile using ffi.
> It doesn't have autotools, I'd rather keep it that way. The guix package
> must run the test suite as per guix standard. wiredtiger is already
> packaged.
>
> [1] https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/guile-wiredtiger
>
> microkanren is a micro version of minikanren. That is a single file project
> that should be straightforward to package. Same I'd rather not have to deal
> with autotools. microkanren doesn't have any dependency outside guile 2.2.
>
> [2] https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/microkanren

I have a question about how the built packages should be laid out on disk.

Looking at existing Guile packages, I saw that some of them put everything under
'share/guile/site/2.{0,2}'. Others put the source files in that directory, while
putting the compiled .go objects in 'lib/guile/2.{0,2}/site-ccache.

Do you have a preference? It's not clear to me what the difference is in
practice.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-06-01 13:37     ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-06-01 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Oh, I see.

Thanks for the information, I first thought this was overlooked. :)

* Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-06-01 14:18   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-06-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> Looking at existing Guile packages, I saw that some of them put everything under
> 'share/guile/site/2.{0,2}'. Others put the source files in that directory, while
> putting the compiled .go objects in 'lib/guile/2.{0,2}/site-ccache.
>
> Do you have a preference? It's not clear to me what the difference is in
> practice.

.go files are architecture-dependent and thus they should go to $libdir
(info "(standards) Directory Variables"), specifically
lib/guile/2.x/site-ccache.

(In the past I made the mistake in several projects to install
everything in share/guile/site/2.0…)

Ludo’.

* Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
@ 2017-06-01 17:33   ` Amirouche
From: Amirouche @ 2017-06-01 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi!

Le 01/06/2017 à 13:40, Adonay Felipe Nogueira a écrit :
> Hi Amirouche! :)
>
> What is the status of this?
I found someone for the task. Thanks for showing up nonetheless.
> - Was there any previous attempt?
Yes but I deleted the files.
>    - What are the findings so far?
> - Does it need a system service to be running?

No! It's a library, it works like sqlite except it's multithread.

> - Since your last message, is there someone working on this now?

Yes.

Have a good day!