On 10-08-2022 16:37, Pavel Shlyak wrote: > Maxime, how is your information about pantherx related to the patch? This patch in question makes guix bootloader config more flexible with the perspective of supporting additional hardware. It doesn’t rely on any component of pantherx, thus I am not sure it’s the right place to discuss that. The patch appears to be by PantherX (see: the @panterx.org mail address, the use of "we" and the corporate phrasing). The mail asks for feedback, so I give feedback. It appears that PantherX will interact with Guix in the future; PantherX making false or misleading claims makes me less interested in reviewing patches, so this seems important feedback to give. I could of course out-of-the-blue send a mail to whatever PantherX main e-mail address is, but I'm not a customer of PantherX, so that would seem to be a pointless endeavor to me -- if it's anything like other companies, it will just be moved into the trash.  I believe that directly responding to the apparent employee of PantherX (and at the same time writing some more technical comments) has higher chances of success. Summarised: this seems a good place to make such comments and I'm not aware of any better places. Greetings, Maxime.