On 01-07-2022 08:58, Remco van 't Veer wrote: > Is there anything else I can do to keep this ticket moving? Bug about > unchecked IO is reported and discussion about unchecked malloc has > stalled. You could search for an alternative solution that is acceptable to upstream, or if upstream completely refuses bugfixes, add some patch to the Guix package definition.  Also, I have not yet seen a v2 for resolving the other (non-upstream-code) issues I noted. Another method would be to help out with reviewing and fixing things (with other packages), this frees up time and is seen as a good act, hence making other people more inclined to help out with any remaining issues in your patches (including fixing issues such as those of the kind I have mentioned before, but also actually applying the patch and committing it). You could also perform _all_ the checks in (guix)Submitting Patches (e.g., the bundling check, actually building it for other systems as well with QEMU, reproducibility check). > Also note, this package is also being shipped by debian, archlinux, > fedora, and others. Not that it matters but just to point out it's a > widely spread utility. I am not convinced by your implied method of persuasion by social pressure / argumentum ad populum. If it doesn't matter, why use it as an argument? Greetings, Maxime.