On 30/04/17 22:05, Leo Famulari wrote: > Then there are changes we make in order to port software to Guix or make > other relatively unimportant changes. If they can be done with a > sed-like / regex substitution, we do them in build phases. It's helpful > to keep them in Scheme, and we don't want to distribute them via `guix > build --source`. Ah, I never considered this as a Guix-related fix: shipping symlinks to /usr might happen to work on some (?) other systems, but it's obviously not how autotools should be used. We should serve users with a --source tarball that is either already bootstrapped or ready to be, not in some dead-end third state. The correct answer in either case is, of course: ‘it's a silly detail, Tobias’. Kind regards, T G-R