Hi Leo! > Is cmake really needed? I know that meson falls back to cmake if pkg- > config fails and also supports output to cmake, but meson/ninja should > be the default. Yes, it is used to generate `.cmake` files inder '[out]/lib/cmake'. > Could you try packaging those for Guix as well? They don't have dedicated build scripts. > As with your telegram patch, I personally think the ordering is wrong > here. I changed it in v8. > You might want to regexp the middle part in case it is changed. I could use PKGCONFIG_GETVAR\\(.+\\) but that would conflict with other PKGCONFIG_GETVAR lines now or in future. > What does this achieve exactly? It configures the build-system to install modules in output "out" instead of Qt's (input) path. I have attached v8 with this email. Regards, RG.