- Hi Guixers, for your information: in Arch Linux I read, that a HP Printer needs the programm "python-pillow" so that the scanner will work. I installed it, but it didn't help. Somebody else in Arch Linux said that HP Printer/Scanner will give trouble again and again, so he changed to a "brother" printer in order to get scanning work. When I run some hp programms like "hp-scan" it says: error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality. "lsusb" shows, that my printer is connected. Bus 003 Device 007: ID 03f0:2c12 HP, Inc Officejet J4680 why does than "hp-scan" say, there is no device? So may be we are the solution a bit closer? Gottfried