all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
To: help-guix@gnu.org, Alexander Asteroth <alexander.asteroth@h-brs.de>
Subject: Re: downgrade issue on guix system
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 06:53:59 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Alexander,

Since you did a guix pull, you should have a newer version of guix than you had before, unless you played with branches. So the downgrade is worrying and you were right to stop there.

Note that running guix pull will update guix in a separate profile. Make sure it's loaded: that you have ~/.config/guix/current/bin in your path and that "type guix" is this path. If not, fix your $PATH and run "hash guix" (no output) and check again.

Note that, if you're running reconfigure as root (instead as with sudo) you'll need to pull and do the above as root, since each user has a different guix current profile.

HTH!