all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* dependancies for importers
@ 2019-09-04 11:20 Martin Becze
From: Martin Becze @ 2019-09-04 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,
I'm wokring on the crate importer. It currently doesn't support
versioning of dependancies and just always uses the latest version of a
given crate. Of course this would break main rust packages, so i'm
trying to add version support. To do this I need to be able it find a
dependancy in a specified semantic version range and to do this I'm
attempting to use a guile module
(https://ngyro.com/software/guile-semver/). Is it possible to package
this module then use it in an importer? Or should I just put the modules
code directly in the `guix/import` ?

Thanks,
-Martin Becze

* Re: dependancies for importers
@ 2019-09-05 12:14 ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2019-09-05 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Becze; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 04:20:46AM -0700, Martin Becze wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm wokring on the crate importer. It currently doesn't support
> versioning of dependancies and just always uses the latest version of a
> given crate. Of course this would break main rust packages, so i'm
> trying to add version support. To do this I need to be able it find a
> dependancy in a specified semantic version range and to do this I'm
> attempting to use a guile module
> (https://ngyro.com/software/guile-semver/). Is it possible to package
> this module then use it in an importer? Or should I just put the modules
> code directly in the `guix/import` ?

Although not actually answering your question, what about modifying the
crate importer to allow for getting a specific version? For example
'guix import crate addr2line/0.9' or '/0.9.0'. I think it works with the
pypi importer, but I haven't inspected the code to see if that's on
purpose or a happy accident.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: dependancies for importers
@ 2019-09-05 13:18   ` Martin Becze