Am 11.12.19 um 21:25 schrieb Mikhail Kryshen: > So the correct way to extend XDG_DATA_DIRS would be > > export XDG_DATA_DIRS="${XDG_DATA_DIRS:-/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/}:/gnu/store/…-kate-…" I'm quite confident, adding /usr/share etc. here as default would be wrong from a guix point of view: This would break isolation of environments. On a foreign distribution this would even give the foreign distribution's installation precedence over guix's. Anyway: Let me ask my question differently: Should the user be able to *overrule* or only to *extend* guix's installation? -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |