On 17-10-2022 15:28, ( wrote: > On Mon Oct 17, 2022 at 2:25 PM BST, Maxime Devos wrote: >> That's still a circular dependency. Why import (gnu packages pascal) >> when you don't need it (e.g. when installing another, non-pascal, >> package)? There is some bug report on the excessive dependencies among >> Guix modules with some proposed solutions. > > Wouldn't using #:autoload be a cleaner way that still lazily resolves the variables? > > -- ( Possibly, I proposed this in . I tried this in for a few package modules, with a relatively small but noticable improvement (presumably it would be more improved by doing it for all package modules instead of only a selection and presumably it would be more noticable on a spinning disk instead of an SSD). Greetings, Maxime.