Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior schreef op za 12-02-2022 om 19:04 [+0100]: > Josselin Poiret writes: > > > > > I personally use > > > >   (require 'tramp) > >   (connection-local-set-profile-variables > >    'guix-system > >    '((tramp-remote-path . (tramp-own-remote-path)))) > >   (connection-local-set-profiles > >    '(:application tramp :protocol "sudo" :machine "hostname") > >    'guix-system) > > > > for tramp on my own machine. The symbol 'tramp-own-remote-path uses the > > login shell of the target to determine the environment to use, so is > > well suited for guix. You may need to adjust the :protocol and :machine > > keys of the connection-local-set-profiles call for your use case though. > > > > Best, > > Thanks Josselin and Mikhail! > > Cleaning the tramp file did the job! It works now! > > I will check closely Josselin proposition as well, it seems I have > something new to learn there. > > IMHO, giving the importance emacs has in guix distribution this is > something that merits a place on guix cookbook perhaps. I think that ideally, the tramp package in Guix would be patched to recognise ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile and /etc/profile (when present, on the remote machine) and use that to determine the PATH for the remote machine (or some other system, whatever works) . Thne tramp would work out-of-the-box, without having to consult a cookbook or manual and without having to know that this information is located there. Greetings, Maxime.