Xinglu Chen schreef op zo 06-02-2022 om 12:50 [+0100]: > Because of the way ‘%updaters’ in (guix upstream) works, the Repology > updater is the first or second updater that is used (since it > technically works on ever package), but because of the limitations I > mentioned above, the result might not always be the best. The Repology > updater is mostly useful for things that don’t already have an updater, > e.g., ‘maven-dependency-tree’. Would it make sense to hard-code the > ‘%updaters’ variable and put the Repology last in the list? I would prefer not to hardcode %updaters and keep the current discovery mechanism, such that people can experiment with updaters outside a git checkout of guix and in channels. FWIW it would be useful to have the same mechanism for importers. However, it might be a good idea to do some _postprocessing_ on the discovered list of updaters, e.g. they could be sorted on 'genericity' with 'stable-sort' (*): (define (genericity x) (cond ((it is "generic-SOMETHING") 1) ((it is repology) 2) (#true 0))) (define (less x y) (<= (genericity x) (genericity y))) (*) stable-sort and not sort, to preserve alphabetical ordering for updaters with the same genericity. Greetings, Maxime.