all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Racket 8 and store references (was [security] Chunked store references in .zo files in Racket 8 #47614)
@ 2021-04-07  1:20 Jack Hill
From: Jack Hill @ 2021-04-07  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Mark H Weaver wrote:

> Anyway, I doubt that imposing such a limitation would adequately solve
> the problem here of chunked references in Racket 8, because I suspect
> that Racket 8 could split store references at arbitrary points in the
> string.  I doubt that we can safely assume that the hash component of
> store references will be stored contiguously in *.zo files.

Mark and everyone,

I wanted to spin off a subthread on guix-devel, to make you aware of
another problem that we've run into with reference in .zo getting mangled:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47180

Best,
Jack