Hi Dave, On 09/09/16 04:29, Thompson, David wrote: > No, it doesn't. I wrote the nginx service. The config file used is > part of the g-expression and is absolutely not stateful. Wait. nckx@v5 ~$ sudo herd restart nginx Service nginx has been stopped. Service nginx has been started. nckx@v5 ~$ echo syntax error >> ~/nginx/nginx.conf nckx@v5 ~$ sudo herd restart nginx Service nginx has been stopped. Service nginx could not be started. > I mean that it should throw an error before the system is made active. > The derivation that builds the service file should fail. I think that's what I want too :-) Kind regards, T G-R