Hi Tobias, On Tue, 2021-06-29 at 16:40 +0200, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > Question: I think committers should be trusted with discretion in > how they prefer to manage their keys, but how about briefly > documenting a suggested sane key-management strategy to new > committers, like we already describe some rando's editor set-up? > :-) I think this would be very nice. Especially if it laid out some of the trade-offs as you did here. > > I don't think most people *insist* on their current one, it's just > what they know; and GPG is complex and gnarly. > ... > > I'm not aware of any authority on best practices that would claim > the opposite, but if you are, I'd be grateful to hear about it! > No, I definitely fall into the group who don't insist on a strategy and are just doing what they know :). I appreciate your feedback! And I'll probably be making some adjustments to my workflow. Thanks, `~Eric