Good day. > > I just changed the logic to always keep a dot after MAJOR, and then > > use hyphens after that. > I'm not quite sure if I agree with that decision, but you're right that > @MAJOR ought to be supported. How about enforcing that MINOR exists if > REVISION and COMMIT are used and setting it to "0" if there hasn't been > an "a" beta or release yet? Interesting idea. How about just always forcing a MINOR part, setting to "0" if upstream doesn't have one? > > + (native-inputs `(("clang-toolchain" ,clang-toolchain))) > > + (inputs (cons* `("libedit" ,libedit) > > + `("libomp" ,libomp) > > + `("ijconsole" ,(ijconsole)) > > + extra-inputs)) > My variant already had these translated to the new style. If you're > not using old style on purpose – and I don't think you do – you might > want to make your life easier by dropping these labels and going with > plain (list)s. Yeah, I had trouble getting that to work nicely with the ijconsole input. See below for more details. > You might want to use an aux-file for that. Name it > jsoftware/profile.ijs if it's just a plain file (which I assume). I > recently pushed a commit towards renpy which replaces a large format > block by fetching an auxiliary file and substitute*, which you can take > as reference if you're unsure. Note that renpy still uses old-style > inputs, so the assoc-ref makes sense in that case; however, you should > be able to also express this pattern in terms of search-input-file > somehow (or otherwise express it as gexp). Oooh. Neat. That makes adding and testing changes their much nicer. Note, I wasn't able to find a nice way to get this working together with the new inputs syntax, since `search-input-files' only searches under input paths which are directories. The ijconsole and profilex input are regular files, so it raises a search-error. One workaronud is to put ijconsole and profilex together under a file-union input, but I found that almost worse than just using old-style syntax. If you have a better idea, I am all ears. Cheers!