Thanks for staying on top of this patch review. Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Hi, > > Note, that the current version still ignores commit. I've attached a > proof of concept patch, which fixes that, plus some other minor things, > but it now uses a pair for version. Also it's untested, so treat with > care. Oh! I see. You're wanting the version string to have optional REVISION and COMMIT parts, like `git-version'. That makes a lot of sense. There was a small issue with `jversion->string' in your patch, which produces MAJOR-REVISION-COMMIT if no MINOR value is provided. I want to make sure that users can always have specifications like "jsoftware-j@MAJOR" in their profile manifest, but guix doesn't treat hyphen as a version separator. I just changed the logic to always keep a dot after MAJOR, and then use hyphens after that. > > Good idea. Upstream's build scripts condition a *lot* of behaviour on > > the j64avx environment variable, so it might not be straightforward, > > but I will put this on the to-do list of future improvements. > > > > (Note, the code block quoted here got much simplified in the current > > patch.) > Reading /proc/cpuinfo is not nice. Please use (guix cpu), which also > provides you the flags that you need. Oh nice. A new, shiny module! This is exactly what I was looking for when originally writing the script. Updated.