On 27-07-2022 00:50, jgart wrote: > What do you think Debian people should be providing to make it easier to run the guix installed nix package? > > Or, what should I ask the Debian people if I decide to inquire with them? > > all best, Right, you want to install "nix" (a distro) with "guix" (a distro) on $FOREIGN_DISTRO (a distro) (let's assume Debian). My answer is: why not install nix on $FOREIGN_DISTRO directly? There appears to be a nice Debian package already (at least, I assume it is nice, I've never used nix). I mean, this is service stuff, not just an application. In theory I suppose that, with lots of work, Guix could support some kind of 'foreign services', but I think you'll be better off (less effort, better integration) with installing the service directly, with $FOREIGN_DISTRO when available. Worse, this is not just a service, but a distro. You would be putting a distro inside a distro inside a distro ... that's too much nesting, at least for me. Sounds interesting to observe from a distance though ... Now I notice I haven't actually answered your question ... Let's say, they shouldn't be providing to make that use case easier -- if they really want to, then they can decide to do so, but see the stuff above, would the effort be worth it? Greetings, Maxime